Burnham Park was donated to the Town of Morristown by the visionary Frederick and Catherine Burnham in 1911 to provide passive open space for the enjoyment of those who did not have large tracts of land themselves and to provide a natural woodland space for the relaxation of the public.
The Burnham Park Association is a nonprofit, grassroots all-volunteer organization founded in 1948, drawing members from Morristown and Morris Township. It serves as the steward of Burnham Park and is dedicated to preserving, protecting/protecting environmentally sensitive lands, viewsheds, critical natural resources and historic sites.
It collaborates with many other organizations on various projects and works to educate area citizens, promoting community engagement with the goal of improving and maintaining the park and surrounding area for the enjoyment and benefit of future generations.
The BPA neighborhood boundary streets roughly encompass Hillcrest Ave, East Lake Blvd, West Lake Blvd, Burnham Pkwy, Mendham Rd / Washington St, Dellwood Ave, Log Rd, Edgehill Ave, Midland Drive, Springview Drive, Fairmount Ave, Ferndale Ave, Parkview Plaza, Edgar Place, Dorothy Drive, Grace Way, Upper Field Rd and Millers Farm Rd. Living within these boundaries is not required for membership or to participate in the activity of the BPA. We have members from the Alexander Hamilton neighborhood (Colonial, Gallagher, Egbert Hil, Conklin, Kenmuir, etc.), Washington Valley, Jockey Hollow, Fosterfields and other areas near and far.