Morristown and Morris Township Recent Activity in Burnham Park, Jones Woods and Green Strip
Morristown issues Burnham Park Revitalization Plan
Morristown submits grant request for hydro raking of Burnham Park ponds
Morristown hires an engineering firm to meet with park neighbors and community stakeholders and develop a Burnham Park Master Plan.
Morris Twp provides ongoing maintenance, supplies and signage for Jones Woods.
Morristown begins treating three NJ Historic White trees in Burnham Park to combat the emerald ash borer. More..
The Morris Township Recreation Department builds a bridge at the start of the trail that loops around the pond in Jones Woods.
Morristown conducts major work to fix drainage problems around Burnham Pond, specifically near the homes that back up to the Park and the causeway between the playground and ballpark. We are very grateful to Town Engineer Anthony DeVizio and his crew.
Morristown replaces the roofs on both gazebos in Burnham Park.
Clipper and copper sulfate is placed in Burnham Park’s pond to control aquatic vegetation.
Morristown contracts with the engineering firm NV5 to perform a hydrologic / hydraulic analysis and structural evaluation of the Burnham Park Lower Dam as part of regular maintenance and NJDEP requirements to re-evaluate the hazard classification of the dam and remain current on reporting. This will quantify any necessary repairs and improvements.
NV5 surveyors perform work around the dam, lower pond, and downstream stretch of the Burnham Parkbrook at various times over the summer.
- Morristowngreen.com 2023-04 - Burnham Park Association celebrating 75 years as stewards of greater Morristown treasure
- Morristowngreen.com 2023- 03 - Burnham Park Association to mark 75 Years April 19 and 29
- NJ Hills Morris New Bee 2023-03 - Burnham Park Association kicks of 75th Anniversary celebration April 19
- MorristownGreen.com 2023-02 - Morristown Unveils Revitalization Plan for Burnham Park
- Daily Record 2023-02 - Burnham Park Plan includes cleanup and accessibility improvements
- Morris News Bee 2019: Arbor Day 2019 - see below
- Daily Record 2017: http://www.dailyrecord.com/story/news/2017/04/17/burnham-park-assoc-hold-arbor-day-planting/100575342/
- Morris NewsBee: http://www.newjerseyhills.com/morris_news_bee/news/burnham-park-association-hosts-arbor-day-planting-in-morristown/article_90fb3f41-af46-5d21-b25c-dc87010d648c.html